Nov 30, 2011

the irony of life

when it comes to work or looking for a job/career...we all have our dream work.

when i was young, about 5-6 years old, my dream work is believe it or not, is to be a cashier or bagger at a grocery store. i find life so simple if your work is simple. of course, it doesn't apply nowadays. as a child, i enjoyed pretending i work at a grocery store! hahahaha.

when i was in grade 6, they interviewed me for the year book. my dream career at that time is to become a Businesswoman. why? we had a business before that i would help selling items during vacation or weekends. its a small store in ATC, more of a tiangge, but it was mabenta. my mom would give me "my salary", and bought school supplies and bag with it.

during high school years, it changed! i want to become a veterinarian. why? for my pets. i have a cat and a dog. a visit at a clinic, made me think, "hey! this is cool. i want to be the vet of my dog and cats." then during senior year, it kind of make a sudden turn. i didn't passed UPCAT where i chose vet med as a course. i passed the UST exam where i chose information management as a course. in short i enrolled at UST, but then i don't like my course. after one year, i decided to transfer to another university offering vet med. this is to fulfill my dream.

during my vet med years in college, i can say that my grades are good. there are some high's and low's. i am proud of my grades. i graduated from vet med in october of 2009. i looked for a job, but it was hard to look for any work. they would require a licensed vet.

i ended up as an asst. pre-school teacher. i really enjoyed this work. the company, the children, the activities everything, but then i know there is something missing. i miss my vet med years. i decided to resign in feb 2011 to take the veterinarian board exam. i admit that i still missed being a teacher. there is a tinge of regret that i resigned and i wished that i could come back. past is past. hehe

after passing the board exam, i am happy, but i don't know where to start, what to practice or what to do. i really wanted to work for the government. maka-Pilipinas ako, pero hindi ko sinasabing hindi ko iniisip magtrabaho sa ibang bansa but i would rather work here than abroad.

there are a lot of choices: aso't pusa, baboy, manok, kabayo, baka, kambing, academe, sales, government, public health, research..etc. i would choose government, academe, public health, research, baboy and manok.

i'm now in small animal practice. honestly, i'm not happy. hindi ko nga alam kung bakit. i dont understand what i'm feeling, whats wrong with me? quarter life crisis na ata to.


how ironic. kung anong gusto mo, ayaw sa'yo. Yung ayaw mo, yun ang napupunta sa'yo.

No comments:

Post a Comment